Set up Slack as a Customer Support Channel on your website
Slack is a popular platform for team communication, and it can be integrated with your website using the Bit-Assist plugin. With this integration, you can streamline your customer support messaging and provide a better experience for your users. Setting up Slack as a channel is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. In this guide, we'll walk you through the process of integrating Slack with Bit-Assist so that you can start using this powerful tool to enhance your website's messaging capabilities.
Setup a Channel
- First, create a widget, then edit the widget
- Click on add channel to add the support assistant of your choice.
- Search & Select the channel of your choice from the channels popup
Channel Title: Set the proper Channel Title. Default it's taken, Slack. This Title is descriptive text for visitors.
Input your Slack workspace unique-id
How to get your Slack workspace unique-id
- First, Login your Slack account
- Click on your workspace name that is in the top left corner.
- To edit the details of your Slack workspace, click on the workspace name or logo, which is at the top of the pop-up.
- Copy your workspace id in the URL field.
- Then paste into the Slack workspace the unique-id field of your channels popup.
On click open channel onfeature of Widget Options, You can open your channel in a new tab, or current tab, or a new window. Default it's taken, New Tab
Hide after office hoursfeature of Widget Options, You can organize your office time by enabling the Hide after office hours option. You have to upgrade to pro to use the feature.
Channel show onfeature of Widget Options, you can now afford to hide or show channels on mobile and desktops as of your choice.
Now save the channel by clicking the
Savebutton. Then you will see a successful channel-created message.