Set up Skype as a Customer Messaging Channel on your website
If you're looking to improve your business communication or support, integrating Skype with your website through the Bit-Assist plugin can help streamline your messaging and provide a better experience for your users. Setting up Skype as a channel is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps. Our guide will take you through these steps so that you can start using this powerful tool to enhance your website's messaging capabilities.
Setup a Channel
- First, create a widget, then edit the widget
- Click on add channel to add the support assistant of your choice.
- Search & Select the channel of your choice from the channels popup
- Channel Title: Set the proper Channel Title. Default it's taken, Skype. This Title is descriptive text for visitors.
- Input your Skype user name or phone number
How to get your Skype username
- First, Login your Skype account
- Click the three-dot in the top left corner, then click setting.
- Navigate to 'Account & Profile' and copy the skype name.
- Then paste into the skype username field of your channels popup.
On click open channel onfeature of Widget Options, You can open your channel in a new tab, or current tab, or a new window. Default it's taken, New Tab
Hide after office hoursfeature of Widget Options, You can organize your office time by enabling the Hide after office hours option. You have to upgrade to pro to use the feature.
Channel show onfeature of Widget Options, you can now afford to hide or show channels on mobile and desktops as of your choice.
Now save the channel by clicking the
Savebutton. Then you will see a successful channel-created message.