Set up Google Maps as a widget button on your website
Using Bit Assist, configuring Google Maps as a widget button on your website is a straightforward procedure that can be accomplished in a few simple steps.
Our comprehensive tutorial will walk you through these steps.
Setup a Channel
- First, create a widget, then edit the widget
- Click on add channel to add the support assistant of your choice.
- Search & Select the channel of your choice from the channels popup
- Channel Title: Set the proper Channel Title. Default it's taken, Google Map. This Title is descriptive text for visitors.
- Custom Image: You can change the channel image of your preference. Also, if you don't like the normal image, you can add a gif image you want.
- Input your Google maps embed code
How to get Google maps embed code
- First, Go to google.com/maps
- Select your location and click on the share button
- Navigate to 'Embed a map' and copy the HTML.
- Then paste into the Google maps embed code of your channels popup.
Hide after office hoursfeature of Widget Options, You can organize your office time by enabling the Hide after office hours option. You have to upgrade to pro to use the feature.
Channel show onfeature of Widget Options, you can now afford to hide or show channels on mobile and desktops as of your choice.
Now save the channel by clicking the
Savebutton. Then you will see a successful channel-created message.